Monday, January 3, 2011

The Top 10

It's time for me to once again update my Top 10 list (here's the old list). The list of my ten favourite mashups. This is entirely my own opinion, with some influence from the readers here (but only a little). There only rule I have about making it onto the Top 10 is that the song has to have a video. There are a few songs I really love but don't make it onto the list for this reason. Without further ado, let's get rocking!

First up is a mash that's been in the Pit for awhile now. I'm finally convinced (by you guys) that it deserves to be here on the Top 10.

10. Mashed Bananas (Billy Loves My Hollaback Bridge Humps) - TheGodFather2010



This is another fan favourite, which until yesterday was the most popular mashup in the Pit. It is the video more than anything that makes this one so great.

9. Enjoy Jumping Around - DJ Schmolli



I decided to replace Genesis with Madonna (but still keep Gorillaz). These two mashups have replaced each other a few times now in the Top 10 as I keep flip-flopping over which I like better.

8. Feel Hung Up Inc. - emadonn



It was a tough call, but I replaced Girls On Film Freak Out. This is imho the best of the many great Duran Duran mashes, and one of the best Deadmau5 mashes. Of which there are also many great ones.

7. Ghosts On Film - 10000 Spoons and Celebrity Murder Party



Still on the list is this classic Earworm Mashup. Another reason why he is the best.

6. If I Were A Free Fallin' Boy - DJ Earworm



I think that I like this In Da Club mashup slightly better than the One with Men At Work.

5. Rasputin's Club - Mr Gees



I finally decided to drop A Whole Lotta Sabbath. It was a tough call, but it had to be done. I really do love it's replacement. It's been stuck in my head since I first heard it. Easily the best use of Duck Sauce out there ;-)

4. Flex Gym Duck - Marc Johnce



Another tough call, but I replaced Hive's Wedding. I like this White Wedding mash slightly better. The acrobats are what give it the edge ;-)

3. Twisted Insomniac Wedding - LeeDM101


No change at number two. This is the Mashup that inspired me to start this blog and I still love it. Two of my favourite bands ever. Unfortunately though I did drop Maiden Goes to Bollywood, another one of the many great Iron Maiden Mashups.

2. Exodus Revealed - DJ Lobsterdust



Still at number one is what in my own humble opinion the greatest mashup ever made. DJ Earworm's masterpiece. I love how he took a huge number of songs and made a completely new (and totally awesome!) mashup.

1. What's My Name? - DJ Earworm

No comments:

Post a Comment