Saturday, February 11, 2012

Birthday Jam

Back on the 29th of January I sent this little note to my favorite Remixer, Virgin Magnetic Material:

 A week or so I go I somehow got this tune stuck in my head. The very next day DJ Garebear used the exact song in one of his mashups. Kid Cudi & Benny Benassi vs A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran to Happiness (Garebear's 31 Mashup) Day #23 by DJ Garebear

It's ok, but it doesn't quite satisfy me. At that time while it was rattling around this empty skull of mine, I couldn't help but think to myself "I bet Shai could totally kill it with this song" Back in the day, I will confess I was a bit if a closet fan of these guys. But if anybody can make A Flock of Seagulls sound cool again, it is you.  


Tuesday was my birthday, and when I logged in to Soundcloud I found this little letter in my inbox:
Dude, First of all, thanks. I'm getting a lot of suggestions and requests lately... never did any of them. yours, I have to say, was brilliant, I love this song and immediately ran so far away to find a clean vocal track of it, and was very happy to find one!! worked on it few days in a row. I can say it was pretty sweet turning it into this:

http://xxxxx.com/files/5f1bf765/VMM_Robert__I_Ran.zip/

decided to reduce the tempo from the original 142 to 130, hope it's satisfying you now ;)

thanks again for thinking that I'm the man for the job

Cheers Robert

Needless to say, this really made my day, and after listening to it I was definitely much satisfied. To make the day even better, my other favorite remixer, Dynamicron, had also uploaded a killer track. He usually does more laid back, funky disco tracks (which I do enjoy immensely), but this one was a real rocker. Two wicked tracks from two of my favorite producers. A great day indeed!!

Virgin Magnetic Material - A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (Virgin Magnetic Material Remix)


Dynamicron. Rock Espacial (Dynamicron Rework) [Lo Res Preview]


No comments:

Post a Comment